I've moved! You can now find this blog at www.teachingthelittlepeople.com. Please bookmark this new site and come on over!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

His Bags Were Packed and He Was Ready to Go


Source: google.com via Emily on Pinterest


Oh, the things these Little People say.  Today I heard such interesting things during our Small Group time.  I read a book about Thanksgiving, and we talked about what it means to be thankful for something.  I then asked them what they were thankful for.

Actually, I was surprised at their quick answers.  One said right away they were thankful for their family.  Another said they were thankful for their toys and stuff.  One said they were thankful for their two cousins.  "Oh," I said.  "I thought you just lived with one cousin."  "Well, Dan and Rex," he answered.  Dan is in fifth grade.  Rex is a dog.  He's two." Oh, well, okay then.

But the funniest to me was the little girl who said that she was thankful for her cat.  "I had a fish," she explained solemnly.  She then shook her head in a flabbergasted kind of way.  "But it ran away from home, just like the other one."

Oh, ran away from home, did it?  I had no idea these fish were so clever.

Then again, at least it didn't pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment